So tonight I’m making my famous rosemary potatoes, but with an added twist. The usual recipe is as follows and is guaranteed to get a positive response from guests/random cute girls you bring home:
Cooking Tip #1: Go big or go home on the garlic. Seriously, man-up lady bug. You can never have too much garlic…okay, I’m sure you can, but it’d take a lot of effort. I generally use about one bulb of garlic per potato in this recipe.
Rosemary Potatoes
1. Mince up some garlic and when I say some, I always mean lots.
2. Chop your potatoes. I like to use red or white potatoes or even a combination of both. You need to go ahead and play it by ear on how many you need. Chop them up to nice bite-sized squares.
3. Throw the potatoes in a glass oven-safe bowl. Don’t pile them too high because they need to be mixed. Next sprinkle your minced garlic on top and then top off with rosemary. I used dry rosemary because it’s convenient, but I’m sure fresh is better.
4. Okay, now poor extra virgin olive oil (I use Colavita) such that you can cover the potatoes, but there isn’t a pool at the bottom of the dish.
5. Add some salt. Don’t put too much, you can always add to taste later – but make sure to put some on to bring out the flavour.
6. Now mix it all up and put it in the oven: bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes (3-4 potatoes). Make sure to mix every 15 minutes.
That’s that! Honestly one of the most delicious things you can make – and it’s vegan! Would you look at that! Even your cousin who doesn’t eat meat or dairy products and helped teach you how to cook potatoes in the first place can eat them! WOW!
Tonight I added a sweet potato to check it out (my housemate had one). I will post a picture eventually.
Recap:
1. Mince garlic
2. Chop potatoes
3. Mix together and add rosemary in oven-safe glass bowl
4. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5. Salt (not too much)
6. Bake at 350 degrees, 45 minutes, mix every 15 minutes or so.

Peace and much love to you.

3 comments:
easy with the garlic joe jr.
Hey....it's one tooth, not bulb per potatoe. The proper way to cook them is to put the olive oil in the bottom of the glass oven-safe pan -- not too much, maybe an 1/8" of an inch on the bottom. Put it in the oven at 400F and wait for the oil to heat (test by putting in a raw piece of potatoe). When the oil is hot, add the potatoes, oil (yes more mixed in), garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary (fresh is better). This ensures that the potatoes seer and do not turn to mush when cooking. Turn the oven down to 350F to finish the cooking process. Its Vegan alright but, I believe Nonna taught you (and I) how to make these.
And girls, yes, he is a stellar cook!!!
I don't care whose recipe it is, I'm salivating just thinking about it
Post a Comment