Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Honey Mustard Curry Chicken, Cooking Tips #2 & #3, and Cooking Rule #1

Cooking Tip #2: Make sure you always have dried spices and herbs like Rosemary Leaves, Oregano Leaves, Italian Seasoning, Fresh Black Pepper (key), Basil Leaves, & Medium Curry-Powder. You should also have Club House Roasted Garlic and Peppers, & Spicy Pepper Medley around. GARLIC SALT/POWDER SUCKS. It is a very lazy thing to use, and in my opinion doesn't even taste very good. ALWAYS USE FRESH GARLIC.


Honey Mustard Curry Chicken

Ingredients: Medium Curry-Powder, Chili Powder, French's Mustard, Billy Bee Honey, Chicken Breasts (always boneless & skinless) & of course Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Recipe:


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Start the garlic up (Olive Oil) in a glass pan in the oven when it's heated.
  2. Take a little bowl and squirt about a teaspoon of mustard, then add about the same amount of honey. Taste it with your finger, figure out if you want it more or less sweet and add honey/mustard as needed (Big-ups to my housemate Kendra for the idea).
  3. Add a touch of Chili Powder and a few touches of Medium Curry-Powder. Mix this up in the bowl - I play it by ear, just don't put too much (see Cooking Tip #3).
  4. If you're digging the taste, you want to cut your chicken thin (not into strips) and baste it with your sauce.
  5. Throw the chicken in your dish and put it in the oven. Play it by ear - should probably take 15-20 minutes. I haven't made this in a while so I'm unsure.

Cooking Tip #3: You can always add, you can never take away.


Cooking Rule #1: Watch your food. I just burnt something because I was writing this blog. Good job me!

No comments: